World Chocolate Day: 6 Reasons Why You Should Eat More Of It
It’s World Chocolate Day. Sweet! As if we needed an excuse…
Do die-hard chocolate lovers really need an explanation?
One thing’s for sure. Chocolate fans out there will be downing chocolate as if they’ve never eaten it in their lives!
So what will you be indulging in today? A snickers bar loaded with nougat, peanuts, and caramel drenched in chocolate? Double fudge caramel turtle brownies with chocolate chips, toasted pecans, and salted caramel spread throughout? A scoop of cold chocolate ice cream with chocolate jimmies and droopy hot fudge on top? A scrumptious, overwhelming chocolate cake enrobed in chocolate buttercream frosting that’s as high as the Great Wall of China? Smooth chocolate or white chocolate fudge that melts in your mouth? Chocolate wine and a box of flavored chocolate truffles? Anyone else feeling hungry yet?
Whatever you decide, you better be able to label it death by chocolate!
Here are 6 reasons why you should eat chocolate every day, not just on World Chocolate Day!
- Chocolate can be healthy (in moderation)! There’s been plenty of studies done that suggest chocolate reduces the risk of heart disease. But who really knows the truth? Let’s just take it a face value and enjoy our weekly chocolate treats!
- Chocolate can be a part of any meal. Chocolate croissants for breakfast, duh! A veggie sub and a chocolate chip cookie on the side for lunch and chocolate moose to accompany your steak dinner!
We’re pretty sure this is what heaven looks like…
- Chocolate improves your life and uplifts your mood! When you’re feeling down or having a rough day, chocolate is sure to fix that right up! It’s overpowering taste will make you forget all your woes and worries. According to WebMD, dark chocolate relieves stress. We always knew chocolate was the perfect go-to!
- Chocolate calls for bonding time with the family. Sometimes, families don’t always get along hanging out together. But when there’s chocolate in the air, everyone’s feeling happy!
- Chocolate is irresistible. So, no reason to resist! Need we say more?
Sarah Francis is a half-Palestinian journalism junkie, a proud Charlotte, NC native with an oversized sweet tooth, and an active world traveler. Ask her where she’s headed next. (@Sarah_Francis25)