Olivia Wilde attends CinemaCon 2022 - Warner Bros. Pictures “The Big Picture” Presentation at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace during CinemaCon, the official convention of the National Association of Theatre Owners, on April 26, 2022 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Olivia Wilde just scored a big victory in her custody battle today against ex-fiance Jason Sudeikis, according to Page Six. They report that judge ruled that their kids’ home state is California, and not New York City.
According to court documents obtained by gossip website TMZ, there was a Zoom hearing last month with Olivia, Jason, their lawyers and the judges in New York and LA. The two judges were in agreement that California was the children’s home, so the custody case will be held in LA County.
As we earlier reported, Olivia plans to relocate with the children to London, largely because her boyfriend, Harry Styles, lives there.
Sudeikis alleged that Wilde would allow him to spend time with their kids “on weekends and during vacation periods” if he didn’t live in LA full time. He said that this deprives “me of my right to parent the children during important periods of their lives.”
In docs obtained by the Daily Mail, Wilde’s team called Sudeikis’ move to serve her on stage at CinemaCon in April an “outrageous legal tactic.” She said in her filing, “His actions were clearly intended to threaten me and catch me off guard. He could have served me discreetly, but instead he chose to serve me in the most aggressive manner possible. The fact that Jason would embarrass me professionally and put our personal conflict on public display in this manner is extremely contrary to our children’s best interests. Since Jason has made it clear that we will not be able to work this out for our children’s sake outside of the court system, I filed a petition for custody in Los Angeles.”
Olivia Wilde Was Served Custody Papers While On Stage At CinemaCon
Olivia Wilde was served with child custody papers from ex-partner Jason Sudeikis in the middle of her presentation at CinemaCon.
Per The Independent, the actress and director was presenting the trailer for her forthcoming drama Don’t Worry Darling (starring boyfriend Harry Styles and Florence Pugh) at the Las Vegas convention on Tuesday (April 26) when she was interrupted by a stranger.
An unidentified woman approached the stage to hand Wilde, 38, a manila envelope. “This is for me?” Wilde asked the woman, before opening the envelope, which was labeled “Personal and Confidential.” While onlookers initially believed the envelope to contain a movie script, it was later reported that the contents were child custody papers from Wilde’s ex of nine years, Sudeikis, 46.
The Ted Lasso star and creator was reportedly unaware that Wilde would be served with the papers at the event, with a source saying that we would “never condone” delivering the legal documents in such an “inappropriate manner.”
“Papers were drawn up to establish jurisdiction relating to the children of Ms. Wilde and Mr. Sudeikis,” the source said. “Mr. Sudeikis had no prior knowledge of the time or place that the envelope would have been delivered as this would solely be up to the process service company involved and he would never condone her being served in such an inappropriate manner.”
Wilde and Sudeikis share two children, Otis, seven, and Daisy, four. In the wake of the incident, organizers of CinemaCon have said they will “reevaluate [the event’s] security measures.”
See what Twitter had to say below of Wilde getting served papers.