Augusta University President Brooks Keel to Retire in 2024 After 40 years
After 40 years of research and academia, Augusta University President Brooks A. Keel PhD., has announced he will retire next summer following the 2023-2023 academic year.
Keel served as the president of Augusta since July 2015, before that he served as the president of Georgia Southern University. He also served as Vice Chancellor for Research and Economic Development, the University of Kansas–Wichita and Florida State University.
He has witnessed more than 18,000 students graduate from Augusta University while under his presidency.
A little about Brooks A Keel, PhD.:
- Went to Augusta College in 1978
- Earned bachelor’s degree in biology and chemistry
- Went to Medical College of Georgia in 1982
- received doctorate in reproductive endocrinology
- Was a professor for 20 years
- He’s a scuba diver instructor