The latest on CSRA School Closings.
We have a potential for severe weather all day tomorrow (March 18th). Because of this threat, many schools will be closed or transition to virtual learning.
Potential for strong storms, damaging high winds, hail and tornados are also possible. According to WJBF, we are in the moderate category for severe storms. Stay alert, and stay safe.
CSRA School Closings:
- Richmond County Schools will be closed. No athletic or extracurricular activities will be held.
- Aiken County is closing all schools, offices and buildings. This includes all after-school activities as well.
- Mead Hall Episcopal School in Aiken will be closed.
- Curtis Baptist School will be closed.
- Edmund Burke Academy will be closed.
- Westminster Schools
Columbia County remains open- all outdoor activities are canceled. Students and staff in portables will be moved indoors for the day. Parents and students be aware of possible cancellations tomorrow.
School Districts Virtual Learning Tomorrow:
- Burke County
- McCormick County
- Edgefield County
- Bamberg County District 1 and District 2
- Warren County
- Jefferson County
- Taliaferro Count
- Barnwell School District 45
- Blackville District 19
- Williston District 29
- Saluda County
- Glascock County- after school activities and events are canceled.
- Allendale Schools
- Bettis Preparatory Leadership Academy in Trenton
- Fox Creek High School in North Augusta
- McDuffie County
Updates will be posted as we get them.