Britney Spears won a legal victory in court yesterday when a Los Angeles judge granted her a temporary restraining order against former manager Sam Lutfi.
According to Page Six, the family believes Lutfi is behind online harassment and death threats made against them. They also believe he is behind last month’s “#FreeBritney fan uproar,” accusing her father of forcing her into mental health treatment.
Now, the judge has ordered Lutfi not to contact Spears or her family.
“If you connect the dots, it all leads to Sam being all over this,” a source told the site. “People have been sending death threats, and they suspect it’s the same folks behind #FreeBritney.”
According to court documents filed Tuesday, Lutfi has been making attempts to get back into Spears’ life.
Spears’ legal teamed added that Lutfi has been making social media calls for “vigilante action,” and leaking private information about Spears and her family. Lutfi is also accused of offering Spears’ mother Lynne $1000 to involve herself in Spears’ conservatorship, which is run by her father. As we previously reported, while Lynne declined the offer, she is reportedly becoming more involved as Spears’ father has not been in great health.
Lutfi has not commented on the news but his attorney told Page Six Tuesday, “We are disappointed in the results. We feel this is overly broad and violates Mr. Lutfi’s constitutional rights. We look forward to arguing the matter more fully at the hearing for a more permanent restraining order on May 28.”