7 Ways Aluminum Foil Can Help You In Your Daily Life
Aluminum foil is one of those tools that most people only utilize for cooking. I pretty much only use it to bake cookies and highlight my hair. There are actually many different ways to use aluminum foil, who knew? According to CNET, there are eighteen unexpected uses for aluminum foil but here are seven. Check out the seven ways that I found aluminum foil can help in your daily life.
- Polishing silverware: Line a pan or pot with aluminum foil, fill with cold water, add 2 teaspoons of salt and your worn-out silver. Wait three minutes, then rinse and dry the silverware.
- Keeping silver shiny: lay your silverware on aluminum foil to keep it from dulling.
- Sharpening scissors: cut through a folded piece of foil a couple of times.
- Fixing loose battery springs: Just add foil on top of the spring to connect to the battery.
- Cleaning your iron: Just run your iron over a piece of foil a couple of times to clean it.
- Cleaning your grill grates: While the grates are still hot, drop a sheet of foil on top and close the lid. Wait until the grill grates are cooled down, remove the foil and scrub the grates with a grill brush.
- Getting your ironing done quickly: line your ironing board with aluminum foil under the cover to reflect heat back onto your clothes from below, so basically you’re doing twice the work in half the time.
— CNET (@CNET) March 3, 2017
Mary Brooke Beasley has a healthy obsession with all things related to cats, fashion, and the color pink! She mainly writes trending topics, celebrity gossip, and lifestyle pieces.