7 Awesome Features In Google Maps You May Not Have Known About
Hey Google Maps users! Here are some awesome tricks you may not have known about:
- Time travel- All you have to do is turn on Doc Brown and look at the location through street view, then scroll through the timeline.
- Order a Taxi- You can also request an Uber or Lyft driver. Google Maps can show you the cabs around you and how much they cost.
- Create your own Google Map- go to google.com/mymaps for your own custom map. Click “Create a new map” and customize it however you want.
- Google Maps Galleries- You can see other people’s customized maps.
- Indoor Maps- Google has mapped out the insides of buildings, like the Mall of America. Fun fact, you can even switch floors on desktop.
- Offline Mode- For areas you know you’re going to have trouble with internet service, you can map out the area/ your directions and then save them in the mobile app’s “offline areas.”
- Add multiple stops- Your trips no longer have to be from point A to point B. You can now add more than one stop for a trip.
— Business Insider (@businessinsider) February 14, 2017
Mary Brooke Beasley has a healthy obsession with all things related to cats, fashion, and the color pink! She mainly writes trending topics, celebrity gossip, and lifestyle pieces.